Some Recommended Best Practices for Commercial Drivers and Employees Required to Cross the Border to Perform Commercial Activities During COVID-19 Pandemic
We recommend that companies support and assist both border officers and their employees crossing the border with the following:
- Have documents that prove citizenship (i.e. passports, enhanced commercial driver’s license).
- Provide employees that have to cross the border a letter on company letterhead confirming they are an employee and have to cross the border to provide essential services.
- Encourage them to have a company ID and show the customs officer if requested.
- A copy of the US CBP Federal Register.
- A copy of the Prime Minister of Canada message and CBSA Daily Notice.
Canada Prime Minister Statement – Click here
CBSA – COVID-19 Daily Update – Click here
US CBP Federal Register – Click here
Reproduced with permission from I.E. Canada