Yesterday, Buckland received notice from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) regarding the 2017 Version Release of the Canadian Automated Export Declaration (CAED). We are sharing it with valued customers to ensure that you are kept aware of government regulations and changes in the industry.
Canadian Automated Export Declaration (CAED) Program 2017 Version Release
Customs Notice 16-31
1. The purpose of this Notice from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is:
- a) to inform exporters of revisions to designated export offices as well as important export reporting information; and
- b) to inform exporters that the 2017 version of the Canadian Automated Export Declaration (CAED) program software will be available and ready for download on December 12, 2016.
2. Exporters are required to report their goods in accordance with the Reporting of Exported Goods Regulations. Exporters should review their records to ensure that the appropriate “place of exit” continues to be reported on their export declarations. Failure to provide true, accurate and complete information on an export declaration could result in delays to the export of the goods and/or the issuance of monetary penalties.
3. The 2016 version of CAED will expire on January 31, 2017, after which time only the 2017 version will be valid.
4. CAED participants should upgrade to the 2017 version by downloading the software along with the release notes from the website www.statcan.gc.ca/exp.
5. The following offices will no longer be recognized as designated export offices and will be eliminated from the “place of exit” field in the 2017 version of CAED:
- AB–Fort McMurray (720)
- BC–Douglas (840)
- NB–St. Andrews (209)
- NB–St. Stephen (211)
- NL–Clarenville (900)
- NL–Grand Falls (910)
- NL-Harbour Grace (922)
- NL-Stephenville (918)
- ON-Owen Sound (482)
- ON-Sombra Ferry Dock (465)
- ON-Toronto – Port of Toronto (495)
- QC-Abercorn (318)
- QC-Chartierville (365)
- QC-Clarenceville (337)
- QC-East Hereford (362)
- QC-East Pinnacle (369)
- QC-Frelighsburg (332)
- QC-Glen Sutton (370)
- QC-Hemmingford (333)
- QC-Hereford Road (366)
- QC-Highwater (334)
- QC-Morses Line (367)
- QC–Noyan (368)
- QC-Pohénégamook (331)
- QC-Stanstead – Beebe (376)
- QC-Stanstead – Route 143 (375)
- QC-Ste. Pamphile (335)
- QC-St-Just-De-Bretenières (336)
- QC-Woburn (308)
6. The following office will now be recognized as a designated export office and will be added to the “place of exit” field in the 2017 version of CAED:
- QC-Gaspe (304)
7. The following offices have revised port names and will be added to the “place of exit” field in the 2017 version of CAED:
- BC-Comox Valley Airport (838)
- BC-Cranbrook Airport (801)
- BC-Vancouver International Airport Commercial Op (821)
- MB-Winnipeg-Int Airport James Armstrong Richardson (510)
- NB-Woodstock Road (212)
- NL-Fortune – Transport Canada Wharf (919)
- NL-Gander International Airport (912)
- NS-Halifax (009)
- NU-Iqaluit Airport (403)
- ON-Fort Erie – Peace Bridge (410)
- ON-Kitchener-Waterloo International Airport (Region of) (401)
- ON-Lansdowne – Thousand Islands Bridge (456)
- ON-London International Airport (423)
- ON-Ottawa-MacDonald-Cartier International Airport (485)
- ON-Toronto – Interport Sufferance Warehouse Ltd (496)
- ON-Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Airport (497)
- ON-Windsor-Detroit Tunnel (452)
- QC-Montréal (395)
- QC-St-Bernard-de-Lacolle – Highway 15 (351)
8. The following countries will be added to the list of countries available in the 2017 version of CAED:
- South Georgia
- Faroe Islands (formerly Faeroe Islands)
- Moldova, Rep. of (formerly Moldova)
- State of Palestine (formerly Occ. Palestinian Ter)
- Ireland (formerly Republic of Ireland)
- Holy See (Vatican) (formerly Vatican City State)
9. The following countries name will be removed from the list of countries available in the 2017 version of CAED:
- Faeroe Islands
- Occ. Palestinian Ter
- Republic of Ireland
- Vatican City State
10. Refer to the Designated Export Office (EXPORT) | Directory of CBSA Offices and Services | Canada Border Services Agency for the updated listing of designated export offices.
11. When reporting export goods to the CBSA using the CAED program, or other reporting methods, ensure that the declaration is fully and accurately completed and that a detailed description of all goods is provided.
12. A conveyance identification number must be noted on the declaration when reporting the export of a vehicle/conveyance.
13. Numerous changes have been made to the Harmonized System (HS) Classification Codes for 2017. Exporters are encouraged to refer to the 2017 Canadian Export Classification Manual for more information.
14. For CAED information: Contact the CAED Helpdesk – Statistics Canada
- Tel. 1-800-257-2434 (toll-free calls within Canada)
- Tel. 613-951-6291 (charges apply for calls outside Canada)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Statistics Canada Website: wwwstatcan.gc.ca/exp
15. For more export reporting information, consult at the CBSA:
- Memorandum D20-1-1, Export Reporting; and
- Step-by-Step Guide to Exporting Commercial Goods from Canada.
16. Alternatively, you may contact the CBSA Border Information Service (BIS).
If you have questions about how this affects your business, please reach out toBuckland today.