Notice has been issued by the Canadian National Railway Company (CN) that as a result of congestion at terminals in Toronto and Montreal, some containers are being moved to secondary storage locations. (see copy of notice here)
CN is encouraging “all stakeholders to assist by picking up their import containers in a timely manner from our terminals”. The movement of steamship line containers by CN to alleviate congestion will be done without notice or authorization and the Importer of Record will be responsible for the moving costs.
The shuttle and storage fees for the Toronto and Montreal relief locations can be found in CN 9100: Item 6900 (Toronto), Item 6902 (Montreal) and Item 6905 (Montreal to Valleyfield). Please see CN 9100-Z Details & Pricing for Container Movements – 6500, 6900 6905 6905.
The following are the CN authorized relief locations for the Toronto and Montreal facilities:
- CN Mississauga Intermodal Service Center (MISC) 7505 Bramalea Road, Brampton, ON, L5S 1C4 – 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Container Storage Solutions, 8373 Mayfield Road, Brampton, ON, L6P 0H5 – 24 hours, 7 days a week
- S&R Trucking, 5254 Old Castlemore Road, Brampton, ON, L6P 0G4 – 07:00 EST – 19:00 EST Monday-Sunday
- S&R Trucking, 10530 Highway 50, Brampton, ON,L6P 0L5 – 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Amar Transport, 7290 Major MacKenzie Drive, Kleinberg, ON,L0J 1C0 – 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Amar Transport, 160 Sun Pac Blvd, Brampton, ON,L6S 6E4 – 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Amar Transport, 5421 Cleroux Blvd, Laval, QC, H7T 2E924 hours, 7 days a week
- CN Valleyfield (rail shuttle only), 515 Boulevard des Erables, Salaberry de-Valleyfield, QC,J6T 6G324 hours, 7 days a week
We will continue to monitor this situation and provide updates as more information is available.