A bulletin has been received from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) regarding Daily Notices and Statements of Account for Non-Account Security Importers. This information will be applicable to trade chain partners and is of national interest.
Please find the information from this bulletin below.
Non-Account Security (non-ASEC) importers are now able to receive Daily Notices (DN) and monthly Statement of Accounts (SOA) through electronic data interchange (EDI) formats XML, CADEX and EDIFACT.
- Currently, DNs and SOAs are only transmitted via EDI to commercial clients who have ASEC and have registered to receive these electronically.
- Effective May 1, 2017, non-ASEC importers will be able to submit a request to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to receive DNs and SOAs by EDI. Please note, if demand is high, there may be a delay in your request being processed.
- DNs and SOAs can be received via EDI in the following manner:
- An importer who is EDI enabled through their own connection; or
- Through an EDI enabled broker; or
- Through an EDI enabled third party service provider.
Non-ASEC importers must request and complete an application form by:
- downloading it from the CBSA web site at http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/eservices/eccrd-eng.html (at the bottom of the page under the section Most Frequently requested EDI application forms); or
- contacting the CBSA’s Technical Commercial Client Unit (TCCU) by phone at 1-888-957-7224; or
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are sharing this update with you as a valued Buckland customer and hope that this information will be useful and beneficial. As a customer-focused company, we provide you with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. If you have questions, please reach out to Buckland today.